Ameropa – German specialist for city trips
Ameropa was founded in 1951 with the aim of showing customers from North America the attractions of Europe. The young company’s main target group were family members of the US forces stationed in Germany. Very soon, the company went from being an incoming operator to a successful tour operator for customers from Germany and its neighbouring countries. In 1973, Ameropa was taken over by Deutsche Bundesbahn via Deutsche Verkehrs-Kreditbank AG. In 1993, Deutsche Bahn AG acquired a direct 100 per cent stake in the tour operator. The company, which is headquartered in Bad Homburg, currently has around 120 employees and is headed by managing directors Kai de Graaff and Dominika Bauer. With more than 500,000 holidaymakers and annual sales of more than €100 million, Ameropa is one of the ten largest tour operators in Germany.
Ameropa at a glance
- Company name: Ameropa-Reisen GmbH
- Shareholder: DB Fernverkehr AG
- Share capital: €2.557 million
- Products: Specialist for city trips, rail travel and rail adventure trips; 33,000 hotels in 36 countries
- USP: The only tour organiser with its own platform allowing direct booking of more than 33,000 hotels and the best daily rates; trips include rail travel with super saver prices and local activities.
- Sales: Travel can be booked through www.ameropa.de, in over 7,400 travel agencies, in DB Travel Centres and DB Travel Agencies and on 06172 109-777
- Market position: With more than 500,000 holidaymakers and sales of over €100 million, Ameropa is one of the ten largest tour operators in Germany and is the leader for the sale of hotel and rail packages.
- Address: Hewlett-Packard-Straße 4, 61352 Bad Homburg, Germany
- Founded: 1951
- Management: Kai de Graaff, Dominika Bauer
- Number of employees: around 120 employees
Ameropa specialises in short rail trips in Germany and Europe, and rail adventure holidays around the world. Holidaymakers benefit from attractive package deals with hotel accommodation and rail travel plus activities at the destination. The choice includes city trips with varied programmes, musical trips, wine and gourmet tours, and wellness holidays. In addition to short breaks and city tours, Ameropa also offers a comprehensive choice of holidays on exclusive and luxury trains on all continents, for example, the Glacier Express in Switzerland or the Trans-Siberian Railway. Ameropa currently has around 33,000 hotels in 36 countries in its portfolio.
The Ameropa travel portfolio at a glance
- City tours: A wide choice of hotels in Germany and Europe, great cultural activities (Elbphilharmonie Hamburg, Semperoper and more) plus spectacular musicals and shows. Packages with a wide range of inclusive extras are available for small and large cities
- Regional Holidays: Extensive selection of holiday destinations in Germany and Europe. These include the most beautiful holiday regions in Germany and neighbouring European countries. In addition, Ameropa offers a large selection of theme parks in Germany and Europe.
- Gourmet & Wellness: Hotels with a focus on wellness and gourmet delights in Germany and neighbouring countries. Selected hotels for gourmets.
- Rail Adventures: Breathtaking rail travel on five continents makes the dream of a lifetime come true. The selection includes the Glacier Express in Switzerland, the Trans-Siberian Railway and rail adventures in Peru.
- Discover Switzerland: Experience Switzerland’s legendary trains: travel on the Bernina and Glacier Express - experience the highlights of the Glacier Express on the new short routes. Regional passes for more flexibility and additional discounts. Special hotel offers in the most beautiful cities and regions.
- Summer and Winter Hits: For spontaneous holidaymakers, Ameropa offers many reduced travel packages in summer and winter to the most popular cities and holiday regions.
Last Minute: Ameropa’s popular last minute offers are published every two months. These packages include reduced hotel rates and attractive rail conditions. Special holiday activities are also included.
Group Trips: Ameropa offers individual travel packages for groups of 15 persons or more according to the customer's wishes. Rail travel is included on request. Good hotels and exciting additional services.
Ameropa customers benefit from a wide-ranging product portfolio and easy booking of travel, hotel and local activities from a single source, saving them valuable time. Customers can rely on a strong tour operator with over 67 years of experience before and during their holiday.
Thanks to the combination of hotel and DB savings price (2nd class from 23.90 euros / 1st class from 35.90 euros - including seat reservation) Ameropa always offers its customers an attractive and low rail prices. When booking an Ameropa trip, customers also receive 100 BahnBonus points credited to their BahnCard or BahnBonus Card account.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please feel free to contact us.
+49 6172 109777
For rates please check with your network privider.
Mon-fri 8.30 am - 8.00 pm CET/CEST
Sat 9.00 am - 4.00 pm CET/CEST
You can also sent your query directly via email to us.